Monday, April 11, 2011

Norwegian Digital Archives - digitalarkivet

very excited to find quite a bit of information for free online on the Norwegian Digital Archives that I'd love to share :) There are church records and cencus records and much more that I haven't dug into. but I've found documentation for things I did know and a few things about my Great-Grandma Emma I didn't think I'd necessarily ever find.

Some of this I've covered already but am attaching more documents:

So my mothers Maternal Grandparents where Karl Henrikson and Emma Petersen

Emma's Babtism is here

Karl's is here

They both grew up in Nordland County, Vega Municipality



their marriage is here

Karls parents where Henrik Eriksen and Henrika Klausdatter
Emmas parents were Martinius Petersen and Martine (Tina) Pedersen

love the symmetry of the first names ;) But yes these are their names.

my mothers Paternal Grandparents met in the United States and come from different areas of Norway. I am not finding church records in the digital archives
for them... but I am finding them in the cencus records

Olaf Oleson Atletveit Lund here

Oline Olsdatter Nagelhus here

Olafs Parents were Ole Jonsen and Anne Margrethe Eriksdatter Jorstad
Linas parents were Ole Svendsen Nagelhus and Olea Olsdatter Nagelhus

Olaf was from Sjernaroy

Lina was from Snaasa

1 comment: