Monday, August 15, 2011

Road Trip

Road Trip

so Minda and I took a road trip to MT. Part of the goal was to pick up some family photos that have been in a chest for quite some time. The trip was great. We had an awesome time visiting family, seeing Glacier park, ect. And wow... the pictures. I've started scanning some. Not only was it wonderful to see faces...it also felt like a confirmation of what I'd been digging up. Yes... I was right that James Campbell was my Great Great Grandpa. Wow there is his second wife (whom I just happened to stumble across) and their son Clay (whom was born when James was 72, hey if Tony Randall could do it why couldn't James Campbell, but as a point of reference Clay was born 7 years after his half-nephew, my Grandpa Charlie). Look at my Grandma and her sisters... and much more.

I do not have everything scanned but I'd like to share some.

Returning to James Campbell I thought I'd throw this out.
you tell me... I think there are three different women in these photos, and if thats the case I missed a wife LOL. What do you think?




this is image #1
this is image #2
this is image #3



love the old pictures so much.

I think my favorite find was this one of my Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Elsie.



I would say they were pretty stylin for Great Falls, MT

I looked and looked at these pics and I THINK I've figured out a pic of Grandpas parents, Marion and Anna.



and I also THINK I've figured out a pic of Grandmas parents (actually there are several), Fred and Bertha.



I think its quite instructive about our family that my Grandpa kept pictures of his schools ... and even a favorite teacher (which I'm not including)

first Green City, MO



then Blaine, MT



There is much more. But I'll leave it at this for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment