Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Post

So I am not much of a writer, but I thought I'd give this a shot. I've had a great deal of fun and even a few adventures in my few short months of doing family research. At this point I'd like to share some of what I've learned with those who would be interested, including some of the documents I've assembled.

So I'm going to start with my Grandfather Charles Campbell. Just one week ago I was running round a graveyard in Henry County, KY with my oldest brother snapping pictures of graves. We were hot on the trail of my great great great grandfather John. Actually I'm still working on that one. But we had fun anyway. We also made it to the deed room in New Castle.

So I suppose I should take a step back. Grandpa Charlie is my paternal Grandfather. A Campbell of course, I remember him as a very personable guy, loved to laugh, play cards of all sorts, and buy me dairy queen from down the street :). I'll say more about him in future entries, but for now lets just put some basic facts up.

Charlie was born in 11/6/1902 in Green City, Sullivan, MO to

Marion Campbell and Annie Virginia Bradshaw Campbell

Marion Campbell was born 4/29/1866 in Knox County, MO to

James Campbell and Rebecca Anderson Campbell

James Campbell was born 4/20/1837 in Henry Co, KY to John Campbell and Annie Scott Campbell

Book Cover P1 P2

Here it gets fuzzy. Information would indicate that John was born in 1804

I think he was born to another John. I will submit my case in my next entry I think but enough for tonight and forgive me link issues on my first post.

2 comments: