Monday, May 17, 2010

Ladies Night

I was looking for some travel documents on my mothers side tonight, to confirm what I've been told about her family. I found the manifests for both my Mother's Grandmothers. Emma Petersen Hendriksen and Oline Nagelhus Lund.

Emma, my mothers maternal grandmother, arrived on the Bergensfjord in New York on 6/19/1916. Sadly she passed away in 1928 of complications after gallbladder surgery, leaving behind her husband Carl and young daughter, Mildred. She is listed as being from Helgeland district of Norway.

Emma Part 1 Emma Part 2

Lina was my mothers paternal grandmother. She arrived in New York on 10/5/1909, on a ship called United States. She was from Snaasa (yeah I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong), Norway. Lina went to Spokane, WA with her friend, and I am not sure how she wound up meeting my Great Grandpa. Have begun looking for her Marriage document. Olaf and Lina had three boys, Ole, Arnold and Ivar, and one girl, Anne together. I posted some information about their homestead in Simpson, MT a few days ago, and after farming and raising their family they retired to Mesa, AZ. Lina lived a long productive life, if the records I have are to be believed, 98 years long. I met her once or twice when I was quite young. I am hoping maybe my mom will tell us a little bit about what kind of person she was as she knew her in the comments.

Lina Part 1 Lina Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment